- Appetite changes
- Significant weight loss or gain without diet
- Insomnia or sleeping too much
- Restlessness or agitation
- Fatigue or loss of energy
- Feelings of guilt or worthlessness
- Problems with concentration
- Thoughts of suicide
- Set a gentle routine.
- Exercise at least a few minutes every day.
- Keep a gratitude journal.
- Eat healthily.
- Be kind to others.
- Maintain a confident posture.
- Monitor and replace negative thoughts.
- Recall something that makes you happy.
- Do self care — something soothing or fun.
The information on this website is intended to help readers make informed decisions about their health and the health of their loved ones. It is not intended to be a substitute for treatment by, or the advice and care of, a professional health-care provider. While we have endeavored to ensure that the information presented is accurate and up-to-date, we are not responsible for adverse effects or consequences sustained by any persons using this website or the resources listed on this website.
Following are state and national websites that are known to be reputable and to have good up to date information. Many of these sites have mental health related fact sheets that may be downloaded free of charge.
- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill
- National Institute of Mental Health
- National Mental Health Association
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Psychological Association
- SAMHSA National Mental Health Information CenterSubstance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Anxiety Disorders Association of America
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Stop A Suicide
- American Association of Suicidology
- Autism Society of America
- Children and Adults with Attention Deficit Disorder (CHADD)
- Depression Bipolar Support Alliance
- Bipolar Children
- National Schizophrenia Foundation
- Prevent Child Abuse America
- Postpartum Support International (PSI)
- Center for Parent Support and Resources